Academies within the Infinity Academies Trust pride themselves on being at the heart of their communities and offering a curriculum that suits and excites their learners. Our academies have very different contexts so we deliberately do not adhere to a one-size fits all curriculum across our Trust. Instead, we are united by our focus on delivering the very best learning experiences for all our children. We do this by ensuring that all our learning opportunities are rooted in the Infinity Principles. Our expectation is that all staff will know, recognise and use them in their interactions with children, families and colleagues every single day.
As staff we commit to the following Infinity Principles.
- To meet the needs of all our children and enable their independence.
- To use quality, purposeful dialogue and vocabulary.
- To ask open and meaningful questions.
- To ensure, through clear modelling, that our children know what they are learning and how to be successful.
- To provide clear sequences of learning that build on prior knowledge, give children an opportunity to reflect, value their mistakes and celebrate their work.
- To identify, analyse and solve problems in order to improve our schools.
- To set clear goals, write clear development plans and implement them.
- To ensure interactions between individuals are effective and enable us to harness the power of our teams.
- To develop coaching as a method of improvement through engagement with the process, supporting colleagues and leading cultural change.
- To champion the vision of the Trust in the community, working with other leaders and looking for opportunities for growth.
- To deliver a contextually ambitious curriculum for all pupils that goes beyond the National Curriculum.
- To ensure that all pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital they require to succeed in Modern Britain and in their next stage of education.
- To ensure year on year that our children understand the key knowledge they are learning and the skills they are developing in order to know more, remember more and do more.
- To ensure the curriculum design is well-researched, well-planned and effectively implemented so that each week learning sequences are clear.
- To ensure that the learning environment focusses on the children and supports the delivery of the curriculum both in and beyond the classroom.
- EMPOWER all staff to support children in staying safe through a caring environment and a well-planned curriculum
- Maintain an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ and take PROACTIVE action to stop maltreatment before it occurs
- To know how to spot concerns and act in a timely and proportionate way to PROTECT children regardless of background or circumstance
- To work in PARTNERSHIP with other organisations and the local community to keep children and families safe
- Everyone is ACCOUNTABLE and has responsibility for the safeguarding and welfare of children
Collectively, we will continually try to improve our delivery of these principles by working together across the Trust to share ideas, provide developmental feedback and revisit our principles through continual professional development on a regular basis.
These principles form the foundation of the exemplary practice that we aim to deliver in every classroom, every day within Infinity Academies Trust.